Are you looking for a great lunch recipe which works to boost your workouts? This Quinoa Chicken Salad recipe is just for you. This salad is full with flavonoids who can reduce aching in muscles after long and tiring exercises. Vinegar in this salad is known to stabilize blood sugar levels and give a stable source of energy for your body, while still gives stamina for your cardio routine.
Quinoa Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 cup diced apple with peel
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
How To Prepare:
- Heat the cooker to meadium-high, spray the pan with the cooking spray and heat it. Chicken should be seasoned with a small quantities of salt and black pepper and to be cooked about 8-10 minutes a side. Cool for about 2-3 minutes and cut to strips.
- Put the quinoa in a saucepan and heat it to boil, after that reduce the heat to medium low and cover for 15 minutes. Stir the quinoa with a fork and cooldown for about 30 minutes.
- Mix together in apropriate bowl the mint, scallions, vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, mustard and oil. Add walnuts, apple, red onion, cherries and the quinoa. Serve with the chicken strips on top.
Quinoa Chicken Salad Nutrition Information
Per serving: 390 cal., 11 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 45 g carb. (5 g fiber), 30 g pro.
Pic by: stevendepolo
Great recipe by: FitnessMagazine