Give your muscles the protein they need to grow proper through this great fish recipe. May be you are thinking or only heard that tilapia is a badly farmed fish and it’s health benefits are low. Well in fact there are different farming sources you can get and one of the best is to be farmed in United States because of the good practices adopted. Other great tilapia source is from Latin America and in private – Brazil, Honduras, Costa Rica and Ecuador. The listed above are known to have the best methods to remove disposals and produce great product.
As to the benefits from tilapia, some of them to name are that it is a great protein and acids balancer due to the fact it has small amount of Omega-3s and is a great source for Omega-6. The Mercury level in that fish is known to be one of the lowest in the fishes you can get on the market.
But let’s stop blabbing around and get to this lovely fresh recipe for tilapia burgers.
What you will need for 4 servings
- 2 Jalapeño pepper
- 4 tbs Liquid egg whites (or 1 egg white)
- 4 Tilapia filets (about 7 oz each)
- 2 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 Clove of garlic
- 2 Green onion
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
Preparing the tilapia burgers
1) Start the grill and let it pre-heat
2) Prepare the garlic, the onion and the jalapeños.
3) Chop the three ingredients along with the fish with a food processor
4) Add the other ingredients and mix it to achieve consistency of minced meat
5) Form burgers from the mixture and spray with non-stick cooking oil and grill for about 4-5 minutes on every side. Be careful and move the burgers as less as you can and flip them just once to avoid breaking apart.
Serve them to your family garnished with some seasonal vegetables and have fun!
Nutrition facts, based on 100g serving:
CALORIES / 120
PROTEIN / 35g
FAT / 3g
CARBS / 2g
Pic by: kurmanphotos